1. All registrations must be completed online therefore there is no paper version of the registration form. All players must fill in the form individually online. The club can assist with this when we hold registration nights at the club.
2. No player can participate in competition without an email address. This is not actually a change from last year but it is mandatory. All players will need to have their “own” email address. Vic Metro have in place a “no tolerance”, “no excuses” policy on this and will be taking a hard line in 2015. Players (and the club) are not to use generic club or official club email addresses as their own. If players do they will be removed from the database and will be unable to play. If you don’t have an email address we suggest you get one prior to the registration period commencing in January. Again the club can assist in setting up an email address on registration nights at the club.
There are also some changes that the club have implemented to membership for next season. These changes are to streamline the system and make simplified options available to each member.
1. There will be no membership increase on last season for individuals who pay for membership prior to 1 April 2015. This is referred to as the “Early Bird” membership. After 30 March 2015 membership will increase.
2. We understand that some members cannot always afford to pay their membership upfront so we have implemented a “Payment Plan” where individuals can pay their membership over 15 fortnights and conveniently using a debit direct function. This means individual does not need to be concerned with remembering to make ongoing payments and the club doesn’t have to follow up. It’s set and forget process allowing everyone to get on with the good stuff, the footy!
3. On top of the standard cash, cheque and direct deposit methods of payment we have also introduced a Credit Card option via BPay for those that wish to pay by credit card.
4. We are not selling steak knives but wait…there’s more! We have also introduced benefits and incentives to members of the club in order to continue to grow the membership. This means that members will receive a discount benefit on their membership by introducing new members to the club. You can find out more about our “bring a buddy” and “sign a super” incentive soon.
Finally the Online registration system will be up and running very soon and once set up the club will advise you accordingly and at the same time publish the membership costs for season 2015. Stay tuned.